I like to make my biscuits chewy on the inside and crisp on the outside. Unlike many recipes I hate the bother of bicarb so use self-raising flour.
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup dessicated coconut
- 125g canola spread or butter
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- Put the butter and the golden syrup in a microwavable jug , melt and mix
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, oats and coconut while dry.
- Add the butter and golden syrup mixture.
- Grease a baking tray and drop spoonfuls onto the tray, leaving lots of room for the biscuits to spread.
- Bake in slow oven (150-160C) for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and they will still be a little soft but will harden and brown on the tray.