- 2 large potatoes
- 1 large carrot
- 1/2 large brown onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 400g can of Red Kidney Beans
- 1 400ml can of Coconut Milk
- 1 teaspoon of curry powder
- 1 teaspoon of ras el hanout
- turmeric, cayenne pepper, salt to taste
- dice onion, and chop garlic cloves
- add these to a heavy-based tagine or pan with a teaspoon of olive oil and cook until onion is translucent
- cube potatoes and carrots and microwave for 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes and carrots to pan or tagine
- add the coconut milk plus the curry and ras el hanout and mix in
- after about five minutes fast the sauce and add turmeric, cayenne pepper and salt to taste.
- Bring mixture to a simmer and cover
- check regularly so potato doesn’t catch
- . The dish should be ready once the potato and carrots are soft and have absorbed the flavours.
This recipe will make a lot of vegetable curry but leftovers freeze well. You can also use the leftovers as the filling for pies.
Latest posts by Rae Allen (see all)
- Slow Cooker Broad Bean Soup - 25/08/2021
- Peanut butter and oat biscuits - 26/04/2021
- Vegan ANZAC biscuits - 05/05/2020