This recipe is only for a two person serving to up size for more
- 1 large leek
- 2 large potatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon of butter, margarine or equivalent
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes
- salt/pepper to taste
- chop the green bits and the root off the leeks and slice finely
- leeks are notorious for catching bits of grit while growing so wash well. I use a coarse colander.
- place the tablespoon of butter or oil in a large pot and melt.
- add the garlic and the leek and cook while stirring until soft.
- peel the potatoes and chop into 1-2 cm cubes
- Add the potatoes, the turmeric and chilli flakes and mix in
- Add the vegetable stock and simmer until the potatoes are soft
- Use a blender to puree the soup and place back into the pot
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and heat just before serving
I don’t use cream as I often freeze half of the soup and without cream, it will keep for a couple of months. I normally serve with small crusty dampers
- An easy vegetable curry recipe for the slow cooker - 13/06/2023
- Slow Cooker Broad Bean Soup - 25/08/2021
- Peanut butter and oat biscuits - 26/04/2021