2 apples, peeled (I prefer Granny Smiths)
1 cup caster sugar
1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
1 teaspoon allspice
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup chopped walnuts
125g. canola spread (soft)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Pre-heat oven to 180deg.C. Put muffin cases in a 12 cup muffin tin
2. Dice apples into small pieces (cut around the core) and mix in a bowl with the caster sugar. Let the bowl sit, covered, for about 30 minutes.
3. Mix flour and spices into a large bowl and add the walnuts. Add canola spread, egg and apples and mix together.
4. Spoon into muffin cases.
5. Place pan in oven and bake for about 15 minutes for the large muffins, less time for the smaller size.
6. Test with a skewer then turn onto a wire rack to cool.
- An easy vegetable curry recipe for the slow cooker - 13/06/2023
- Slow Cooker Broad Bean Soup - 25/08/2021
- Peanut butter and oat biscuits - 26/04/2021