3 cups self-raising flour
50g butter, chopped small
1 cup grated tasty cheese
1-1 1/2 cups milk
1. Rub butter into flour until its breadcrumby
2. Add grated cheese and mix through mostly dry mixture
3. add milk and mix until you have a good doughy consistency.
4. Pre-heat oven to 180C
5. flour bench and turn out dough, need and flatten to a 1-2cm circle
6. flour an oven tray
7. using a scone cutter, press down on dough and cut out 5-7cm circles (don’t twist cutter as that seals the sides)
8. place circles close together on the oven tray – I normally work from the centre.
9. brush a bit of milk on top to brown
10. cook for about 15 minutes, then sprinkle parmesan cheese on top and return until cheese melted and scones brown.
makes about 2 dozen scones
Cheese scones with Parmesan cheese tops