Tools for modern journalism was a presentation prepared for primarily post-graduate students and staff of the University of Queenslands Journalism faculty. The talk was part of the JACtalk series.
The talk covered:
- Subject expertise â€“ do you have expertise in a particular subject or genre, and if not how can you gain it
- Technical expertise â€“ writing, photography, video, audio â€“ collection and editing
- Information collection and filtering â€“ do you use an RSS reader and how do you maintain it?
- Crowd sourcing or cloud sourcing â€“ how comfortable are you with the differences?
- Next steps â€“ self learning